Sunday 29 March 2020

Model Ship Kits

With everything in lockdown due to the corona virus health crisis, it seemed like it is the right time to find a new hobby. Being of a certain age, I had built model kits as a young kid. Like all boys, I had the obligatory Airfix aircraft model kits. As I grew up I 'put away childish things' until I was about 19-20 when I started building sailing ships. I also built up a collection of 1920s aircraft and Matchbox armoured vehicle dioramas. I stopped again when I got married.

However, I've always enjoyed visiting model shops and looking through catalogues. On a whim, at the end of 2019 I purchased three warship kits online from Real Toys Store at Alibaba - https://realtoys.aliexpress.com/store/1270215

I thought I would get to them one day when I had some leisure time. With everything in lock-down and social distancing, it seems like this is now the time.


Chinese Imperial Ironclad Battleship "Ting Yuen" 1884


German Imperial Battleship SMS "Schelswig-Holstein" 1908


German Imperial Battlecruiser SMS Seydlitz 1913


If you'd like to learn more about these ships, check out the Drachinfel channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4mftUX7apmV1vsVXZh7RTw

No comments:

Post a Comment